During the holiday season, it is quite common for many businesses with an Internet presence to see their figures diminish or simply do not know how to increase sales in e-commerce.
And, the trend during the months of July and August is usually downward in terms of sales for many sectors. A reality that is not always the case, for example, for online swimwear stores, summer and the previous months constitute the high season.
“The marketing efforts you make before and during the holidays will be directly related to your results in terms of sales.”
although holidays are usually a difficult time, there are different strategies that you can implement from now to improve sales in the coming months.
Strategies to increase sales in your business
I have already told you that despite all the problems that a business faces during the holiday season, there are also options to improve sales at that time.
One of the essentials is planning, so in this regard:
- You must anticipate and assess the times when you will have fewer resources to plan marketing actions in advance (you can prepare in advance an editorial calendar for your blog, for example).
- Keep active all the necessary options to make purchases in your store 24/7 (without interruptions!).
In addition, consider the holidays or the low seasons of your business, as a great time to try out actions that allow you to increase your e-commerce sales the rest of the year.
“Testing” campaigns or pilot tests
The times of less movement are ideal for making changes in e-commerce. Those little things that you want to do for months, but you don’t find an opportunity for fear of producing a negative impact.
In short, it is a good time to take small risks and try actions that we are not sure if they will work, as the holiday landscape of many online businesses is usually characterized by:
- A small audience (but of quality): Keep in mind that users who, during the holidays, are still willing to make online purchases of any kind, constitute a very interesting audience, both faithful.
- High chances of viralization: If your community is more stopped during the holidays, surely your competition too. What if you take advantage of the tranquility of the networks to surprise with the best content?
Therefore, the results that you can achieve in terms of sales and visibility during the holidays will help you predict the possible acceptance of a future digital marketing campaign.
Also Read: The 6 Best Blogging SEO Practices of 2020
As I said, customers who are still on your side on vacation can be considered as big fans of your products or services (unless they are seasonal for the time). Do not miss this opportunity to retain them.
You can offer them exclusive discounts, downloadable content, point cards, etc. It is a good opportunity to strengthen ties with this type of users and welcome them into your community to encourage them to be faithful to your e-commerce.
- Offer value-added content: Do not just promote the products of your online store. You can increase sales through loyalty if you give them something else.
- It facilitates access to a loyalty program: Whether through an exclusive area, a mailing list, or any other way by which you can give special treatment to loyal users.
- Give discounts or promotions: Those customers who have already made purchases and are still by your side, deserve more. If you can offer discounts, offers, or special promotions, you will get loyalty and increase sales in the holidays.
Web Design Settings
It’s not about modifying the entire store every time there is a change of season, of course. But certain aspects such as banners or sliders can be adapted with lighter and fresher graphics and photographs.
Maybe your online store has welcome texts in the home. If this is the case, you can improve sales by adapting this message to a tone more appropriate for the holidays.
Keep in mind that physical stores also adapt to the different times of the year, it is not crazy to bring this spirit to your online store to achieve your goal of increasing sales in the coming months.
Call to action
If your audience has less time (or interest) in your content during the holiday months, it is not time to be subtle; Take every opportunity to impact well. For it:
- Check that all the messages that you send through different online channels follow a message that is consistent with the news and, of course, that the links work correctly.
- Apply different buttons and calls to action in your e-commerce with a holiday tone through texts or colors.
- Play with different types of copy that emphasize the importance of what you are offering.
The times of less traffic influx and less online activity, are also ideal for remarketing campaigns with users who already had some relationship with your brand or business.
If you already have a database of users who have shown some interest in what you sell, do not miss the opportunity to impact them and encourage them to buy!
- Use email marketing: A good way to do remarketing is through emails to those users who have already provided their information, but have not finished making a purchase.
- Advertising campaigns: Of course, Facebook Ads or Google AdWords can help you get back in touch with users who have shown interest in products or services. Remind them that they have abandoned the shopping cart or that they can still take advantage of that offer that interested them.
- Pop-ups: Before leaving the store, you can offer them a pop-up that gets their attention again.
Holidays are a complicated time for many online businesses, but with planning and investing in strategies to increase sales, it doesn’t have to be a season without opportunities. Rather the complete opposite.
Spend time and take advantage now to prepare the marketing actions that you will implement in the coming months. The low influx of users can be understood as a good time to move forward in the face of autumn.